- Dynamic and powerful type system without type declaration
- Objects are typed;
- Variables are not typed.
- Consistent Implementation of "Information Hiding".
- Dynamic binding for high flexibility
What Makes Smalltalk Stand Out?
- Consistently object oriented without compromise.
- Everything is an object: numbers, text, structures, classes, methods, tools, windows.
- Distinction between values and objects by a compiler
Smalltalk is cost-efficient
- Ideal for prototyping, extreme or agile programming and complex modelling.
- Great proximity between concept and design without technology and media disruptions.
- Gives easily maintained and compact codes
- Smalltalk is a modelling language that is able to depict every cleanly formulated theoritical concepts and information concepts as class system in a tidy fashion.
Smalltalk - a Software Basis
- Smalltalk is operational on the desktop as well as server
- Smalltalk applications are binar compatible on all platforms.
More interesting facts about Smalltalk